Albuquerque Shopping & Girlfriend Getaway Ideas in Albuquerque
Shopping in Albuquerque
Big City Shopping with a cultural twistFor the best shopping in Albuquerque, start in historic Old Town for Southwestern art galleries, and Native American crafts and jewelry. Keep heading east for the boutique retail district Nob Hill, with plenty of hip clothing, home furnishings, and southwestern style furniture and gourmet food. Further along historic Route 66, discover an antique-hunters’ paradise. Sprinkled in among the breakfronts and oriental carpets are the most unique contemporary artist galleries in Albuquerque, offbeat gift shops, used bookstores and quirky home furnishings purveyors.
Albuquerque, New Mexico has three big shopping malls where you can find the usual chain stores in addition to smaller local shops: Cottonwood, on the city’s northwest corner, Coronado, in the Northeast Heights, and the new, and upscale Uptown, just south of Coronado.
Main Albuquerque Shopping Areas:
- Historic Old Town (Botique locally owned shops and galleries carying cultural items)
- Historic Nob Hill (Botique locally owned contemoporary shops and galleries)
- Coronado Center (New Mexico's largest indoor mall)
- ABQ Uptown (New outdoor mall with major high-end national chains)
- Cottonwood Mall (National Chains on Albuquerque's Westside)