Gardens & Nature Centers in New Mexico - Desert Nature Discovery
Gardens & Nature Centers in New Mexico
Land of Nature in the Desert SouthwestNature Centers in New Mexico offer something for everyone. Whether you want to learn about nature in New Mexico, or the animals and plants that call this state home, a trip to one of New Mexico’s fine nature centers is sure to provide a wonderful learning opportunity for the whole family.
New Mexico’s nature centers offer the opportunity for visitors to
- Explore interactive exhibits on the state’s unique flora and fauna.
- See displays of local animals and plants, including amphibians, birds, butterflies, flowers, and fossils.
- Attend a nature talk or hike led by a local expert.
- Wander down easy trails looking for wildlife, plants, and opportunities for photographing the beauty of the natural world.
- Sign kids up for day classes on a variety of subjects.
Albuquerque Nature Centers:
- Friends of the Rio Grande Nature Center, http://www.rgnc.org/
- Sandia Mountain Natural History Center, https://sites.google.com/a/aps.edu/smnhc/
- Rio Grande Nature Center State Park, www.emnrd.state.nm.us/prd/rgnc.htm
Santa Fe & Taos Nature Centers:
- Pajarito Environmental Education Center, http://www.pajaritoeec.org/
- Randall Davey Audubon Center & Sanctuary, http://nm.audubon.org/randall-davey-audubon-center-sanctuary
- Santa Fe Botanical Garden, http://www.santafebotanicalgarden.org
Discover more outdoor adventures!