Historical Santa Fe Destinations & Things To Do in Santa Fe, NM
Destinations in New Mexico: Culturally Unique
It’s like nowhere else.New Mexico vacations transport you to unmatched cultural, culinary and creative experiences. To suit every taste, New Mexico travel destinations include breathtaking views, world-class restaurants, historic architecture and remarkable collections of traditional and contemporary art.
- Tour art galleries in the nation’s third largest art market of Santa Fe
- Take the world’s longest tram ride and have lunch at 10,000 feet
- Attend New Mexico wine tastings and cooking classes
- Dine at award-winning restaurants
- Take in a minor-league baseball game
- Visit the oldest inhabited settlement in the United States
- Enjoy unique museums with unmatched collections
- Hike, bike and ski in our majestic mountains under perfect blue skies
Back to the FutureTraveling to New Mexico means embarking on a journey back in time. Communities here date back to the 1400s and much of the architecture and cultural traditions remain intact. Stroll the historic plazas of Santa Fe, Taos, Albuquerque and Las Cruces; learn about ancient and modern day Pueblo Indian culture; immerse yourself in arts and crafts traditions that have been handed down from generation to generation for centuries. Drive the famous Camino Real (King's Road) trade route or enjoy a more modern and kitschy trek down Route 66 (many of the original 1950s structures are still standing).
With that, some of the world's leading edge technology is borne of the work done at our universities, national laboratories and other science/tech installations.
Visit New Mexico for a taste of old world sophistication, unique culture, leading technology, family fun and outdoor adventure.