Biking in New Mexic & Hiking in New Mexico - Biking Trips
New Mexico Hiking and Biking
Some of the Best in the world!New Mexico hiking and biking is some of the best in the world. Road cyclists love the great mix of terrain, from winding mountain byways to sandy hills and desert flatlands. Mountain bikers adore the challenging technical trails through pine forests and red rock mesas. Hikers have endless options to choose from, including high alpine expeditions into the heart of the Rocky Mountains, desert tours past gravity-defying geologic formations, and quiet walks along lazy, winding rivers.
The blend of terrain and moderate weather make New Mexico biking trips and New Mexico hiking trips perfect for families, clubs, or novices looking for an opportunity to take in some spectacular scenery while enjoying a day out in the beautiful New Mexico sunshine. And speaking of sunshine, don’t forget to pack a lot of sunscreen and plenty of water for ANY outdoor adventure in New Mexico. The combination of high elevation and relentless desert sunshine can quickly leave you burnt and dehydrated. And nothing spoils a vacation faster than a wicked sunburn!
Biking and Cycling in New MexicoSeveral organizations host cycling events that range from day or evening rides to multi-day tours. Itineraries and resources for New Mexico biking trips and mountain bike trails in New Mexico can be found on the following pages.
- New Mexico Cycling, nmcycling.org
- New Mexico Touring Society, nmts.org
- Santa Fe and Taos biking tours by Backroads, backroads.com/trips/BNMI/new-mexico-taos-santa-fe-biking-tour
- Albuquerque biking information, cabq.gov/parksandrecreation/recreation/bike/bicycling
- Sandia Peak Mountain Biking, Albuquerque, sandiapeak.com
- Santa Fe biking information, santafenm.gov/index.aspx?NID=1278
- Taos biking information, taosskivalley.com/pages/play/summer-activities/Mountain-Biking/
- Las Cruces mountain biking information, lcrimrattlers.org
Hiking in New MexicoFor information on New Mexico hiking trails or advice on planning an easy day hike or a weeklong adventure in the wilderness, visit one of these excellent web resources.
- Sandia Mountain Hiking Guide, sandiahiking.com/index.html
- Explore New Mexico Hikes, explorenm.com/hikes
- Trails.com, trails.com/toptrails.aspx?area=10070